Sunday, August 18, 2013

Losing.....

The only time it's good to be losing is when you are losing weight!

So far I have completed 6 full days and I am down 7 pounds.  I have not had a coffee or soda nor have I craved one.  i didn't believe that would be the case when I started.  I'm basically clean eating too.  No processed, fried, or white flour.  The first 10 days I won't have dairy.  Brandon has lost 11.  Why do guys always lose faster?  It's not fair.

So I've tried some new recipes too.  I had salmon over a bed of spinach cooked in the crockpot which is something new for me.  I liked it but Brandon is not a salmon person.  I had a chicken wrap that was awesome and is now my go to meal.  I just took a boneless skinless chicken breast and tenderized it.  Then I used a blackening seasoning and cooked it.  I sautéed onions and mushrooms and also put fresh tomatoes (from the garden) and lettuce on it using a whole grain wrap.  I also tried a chicken burrito recipe in the crockpot.  Brandon said it was the best thing I ever made.  I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, salsa, sugar free tomato sauce, chili powder, and cumin.  I ate mine over a bed of shredded lettuce with a little guacamole on top.  Brandon ate it in a whole wheat tortilla.
chicken wrap 
Chicken burrito(I'll admit it doesn't look that great but it was!)
a good breakfast--egg white omelet with onions and mushrooms covered in tomatoes

salmon before cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment